Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Avengers 2 - Some Thoughts

So Drew and I saw Avengers 2 last night, and it was cool. It was pretty much as I expected: lots of action and cool effects with some laughs in between. I even shed a couple of tears when someone died (don't worry, I won't spoil it). But perhaps the biggest problem with a spectacle like this is that it's so grand, with so many characters, that it's difficult to really connect with anyone or anything. It's like there's almost too much going on for two hours. I wonder how the whole thing would've worked had it been a mini-series. The characters would've been able to get fleshed out a little more. We could've spent more time on people's back stories and motivation. I even felt like a lot of the jokes in the film were rushed. Sometimes fast and furious isn't always best!

Oh, and I also missed seeing this guy.




He actually did have a scene in the movie, but it was cut! BOO! Maybe it'll make it to the DVD/Blu-Ray. How could they cut Loki? He's a fan-favorite? I guess they had to make way for more 'splosions. Whatever!

Now for the rest of 2015, I'm looking forward to watching Ant Man (a lesser-known comic book character), Spectre (the new James Bond), and of course STAR WARS!

And this month What We Do in the Shadows comes out on DVD, and this girl is going to be the first in line to buy it! I have a feeling it's going to end up being one that I watch on a frequent basis. If it had shown in more places than Dallas, I probably would've seen it in the theaters more than once. It's that good!

Adios for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment