Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

May Already??

Tomorrow it'll be May (already!!!). I'm nearing the end of my 3rd semester out of 4 at grad school, and I'm getting the itch to write a sci-fi/fantasy short (or maybe something longer, who knows?). So in my itchy phase, I found this little gem at Half Price Books (see the pic below). It's a book of post cards filled with very cool sci-fi art. I'm feeling inspired. I may have to take one or two and let them be my inspiration for some new stories. Wouldn't that be fun?

I'm not sure yet if I'll be teaching at the ELI this summer. Today I wrapped up my little Grammar/Writing 1 class of two students! They were quite nice to work with, both hard workers, and very gracious. One student brought up a pot of Arabic coffee for me to try today. It was nice! I only had a teensie little bit because I'm cutting caffeine out of my daily routine--only going to have it on occasion now--but I had enough to say I had a decent sample. It was good. It's different from the stuff Americans drink in that a) it's lighter in color, and b) you can taste a lot of spices in it. It's also apparently stronger, caffeine-wise, according to what my student said. I couldn't tell because I didn't have enough of it. But I recommend it if you ever get the chance to try it. Has a nice fragrance, too.

Anyway, here's the cover for that cool sci-fi post card book if you want to take a look. Happy May, everybody.



2 comments:

  1. Go for it. And I miss coffee too. It just doesn't taste right anymore. I drink a lot of tea.

    There is a lot of cool scifi art from the pulp era you should check out online. And the main thing is to have fun! If an idea hits you, write it down, and if the whole story hits you, write it down. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much online! I love it. I have a couple of ideas...will write them down as soon as school's overwith for the term.

      Delete