Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Springy Thingies

The sun is out and starting to get warm! I just got back in after cleaning out the shed and pulling weeds in the flower beds. I'm ready to start planting some new things soon. Thinking I might actually try some vegetables this year like tomato and bell pepper.

Though it's very pollen-y out there, I think my allergy shots may finally be kicking in a little bit. I'm still having some trouble, but I'm not knocked on my ass like I was last year, so that's good.

For my spring reads, I'm finishing up the Frankenstein series by Dean Koontz. These books have been fast reads and just what I need during those breaks in between working on my graduate coursework.

In addition to grad school, I've also gotten an 8-week teaching gig at the ELI. This is a Level 1 Grammar/Writing class. And it's the smallest class I've ever taught at 2 students! But I'm learning quite a bit--and also spending a lot more time on lesson plans than I would a large class, so that's good experience, too.

Hmm, what else? I'm just glad spring is, or at least seems to be, here for North Texas. I'm definitely someone strongly affected by the weather and the amount of sunshine outside. More sun = happier Carrie.

Anybody have any plans for spring? Doing some cleaning? Gardening? Going out for more walks? Feel free to say hi in the comments :)




4 comments:

  1. I got a wee bit of a start on some spring cleaning Friday - it was cold and nasty here in Central Virginia, not much fun being outdoors. I am planning on doing some little window planters this spring with some fresh veggies like tomatoes and green peppers and some lettuce for fresh salads. If I can't find something to work with the window planters - then I'm going to see about getting a pallet and doing some planting in that because I could fit it right outside my living room window near my rose bush and it wouldn't be in the way for anyone mowing the grass or taking care of the shrubs on the property - https://www.pinterest.com/kimatliah/gardening-for-the-space-challenged/. I've got a ton of great ideas pinned there already and more to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like you are ready to get those plants going! I love it!

      Delete
    2. I can't wait! I probably will be a little "behind the 8-ball" so to speak because I probably won't be able to start planting anything till the end of April beginning of May. I'll be sure to share some photos though on the blog!!!

      Delete