Pages

Friday, December 26, 2014

My Goal for 2015

I have a goal for 2015. I guess you could call it a New Year's Resolution. And it is to rediscover my Zen!

I don't know how I'm going to do this. If it takes re-reading the old self-help books, I'll do it. If it takes keeping one of those cheesy little gratitude journals, I'll do it. Whatever it takes, I'm going to get there, and I'm going to leave it up to my intuition to guide me as to how. Setting this intention right here, right now! Rediscover my Zen!

Part of the reason my Zen has slipped from my grasp is that it's been a really, really, really unusual year health-wise. And it's not anything I could have prevented. In April I got a major chest infection that uncovered some serious allergies and latent asthma. Also, forget calling it the Year of the Horse; this year has been the Year of the Migraine! I guess I should be grateful I can afford immuno-therapy and now have an allergy doc who informed me that I have migraines in addition to my allergies and asthma (which I thought I'd left behind in my childhood, boo). Now I can at least try to do something about it. Could be worse. 

The bottom line here is that feeling like crap physically (especially when you can't get enough air in your lungs) tends to put a damper on things. And it has played a big part in causing me to lose my Zen!

However, the body I inhabit is bound to croak someday, just like all of our bodies. That doesn't mean I should constantly sit around wondering when that moment is going to be. These allergies and headaches are something I'm living with for the time being, and if this Moment is all we have, well, I need to suck it up and adjust instead of throwing fits and getting depressed. Perhaps Acceptance is the first step on this winding path back to Peace.

So, yes. Zen. In 2015. Gonna find it no matter what it takes. Wish me luck


4 comments:

  1. Good luck! And I hope you get better health wise.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My New Year resolution for 2015 is to prioritize like a president, Dwight D. Eisenhower.
    1. If it is urgent and important I do it immediately.
    2. Tasks that are important but not urgent, I set a deadline on.
    3. Tasks that are urgent but not important, I delegate.
    4. What is neighter urgent or important I do not do at all.
    Thus, in 2015, I will ONLY relate to item 3 and 4.
    Have a blessed and prosperous 2015 all of you.

    ReplyDelete