Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

September: The Beginning of my Year

I was talking to a long-time friend of mine and fellow teacher/scholar about how magical September always feels to both of us. She said that for us, it's really the start of our year. It's the time when we start fresh with our classes, the time we reconnect with friends, make new friends, etc. It's also a time that holds a lot of memories, especially romantic ones, that can trigger nostalgia.

September and the Autumn season bring relief from the horrible Texas heat, as well as relief from dreaded ragweed allergies. The leaves start to turn this month, giving the trees some new vibrant colors to wear.

It truly is a time of beginnings for me, a magical, exciting month that I always look forward to, the true start of my year.

Do you have a special month where you feel your year really starts, instead of the calendar start, January?

No comments:

Post a Comment