Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Springy Post

It appears Spring has finally arrived! This is a picture of the neighbor's tree from my backyard. All of a sudden the trees in our neighborhood just started sprouting green. So pretty :]




Never-mind that here in North Texas it is now Tornado season. I'm just glad the bipolar winter weather seems to have come to a stop down here in the south. No more ice, only romantic thunderstorms, which, like romance, can sometimes be quite destructive! But let's hope that this year they won't.

The springy weather has even convinced me that I might be able to garden if I give it another try. For those of you who know me, you'll know that I have struggled with turning my "black thumb" green. I've managed to kill bamboo and tillandsias, which are supposed to be a cinch to keep alive. (Note: do not put peppermint oil in your bamboo's water to kill mosquito eggs. It kills the plant instead.) But, hey, you learn with each trial, right? Plus, I'm in a different place now than I was last year, so I'm giving gardening a go once again. This time, I'm starting out with a little oregano plant:


I have dreams of a huge vegetable garden to cook with, but I'll start small with herbs.

I've gotta admit, this springy weather is making it a little harder to stay focused on grad school! I want to go outside and play, but I've got about a month and a half left with the semester, so I'm making sure I keep it #1 priority, despite the arrival of the sun and pleasant temperatures. Even Kaiser is helping me to stay on track:




The spring weather has inspired some thrift-store shopping, which is always great this time of year because people are cleaning out their homes and dumping treasures at these stores. Thrift stores are especially great for finding books! Adding to a couple of books that were loaned to me by a friend and another one given to me by my dad, I've built myself quite the TBR pile for summer. Take a look! (And this isn't even including the beach-read/romances that I'm keeping by my bed - I read those to help fend off the nightmares that my creative yet morbid mind dreams up.)




Fall used to be my favorite season, and maybe it still is, but I sure am loving Spring this year. It's such a great representation of Fresh Starts and a great reminder that life does go on, it finds its peaceful center again, even after rough times. 

What do you think of Spring? Is it your favorite of the four seasons? Why/why not?



6 comments:

  1. I'm just glad it's stopped raining after three months. Also the grass is growing in the garden and it needs cut. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, you're over there on that rainy part of the globe!

      Delete
  2. Spring has yet to show itself, but I would like to wish you luck on the gardening. It will be closer to May before mine will get planted. Still too cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, y'all are still getting slammed! :[ It's gotta end at some point!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love Spring. Next to fall it is my favorite season of the year. Love that all of the trees are finally waking from their winter slumber, the birds are chirping and it just seems like all is right with the world, you know? I love sitting outside in the morning with a cup of coffee and just listening to the chatter of the birds. So relaxing and peaceful. I need to do that more often - always puts me in a zen mood where I'm feeling peaceful and calm and nothing can bother me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got a great little patio out back and lots of trees in the little yard and a birdbath. Lots of chirping and great for bird-watching. You're right - it is very zen!

      Delete