Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking Back: Reflections on 2013

Evening Clouds, Dec. 2013
Most years, I do New Year's Resolutions. This New Year's Eve, I'm not making any. Though I think they're a great idea, I think that for me, going into 2014 would be best spent reflecting on some of the lessons I've learned (and re-learned) in 2013.

Lesson #1: If you've purged yourself of any sort of harmful habit (certain relationships, diet, lifestyle, etc.) and you pick it back up again, expect the results to be the same and sometimes worse this time, and the next, and the next.

Lesson #2: Some people can drink responsibly. Others can't. Either way, it's something that shouldn't be taken lightly. Alcohol is a drug that if mishandled, can ruin lives.

Lesson #3: Being able to balance the way I spend my time is a must. Making memories with my family and friends is more important to me than making money. Along with that, having quiet personal time balanced with social time is important.


I'm going back to grad school in January, and my husband is starting a new job. 2014 will be a great start for both of us. I also turned 30 in 2013, and he'll be turning 30 in 2014. We're entering a new decade of life together. I think you learn things and make resolutions as you go along, not necessarily at the end of one year or the beginning of another. My goal for the rest of my life is to constantly learn and grow as a person and let myself change with the ebb and flow of the tides.


5 comments:

  1. A Happy new Year , lovely friend :). Kissessssssss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing, life always brings with it change. "Be like water." - Bruce Lee

    ReplyDelete