Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Celebrating 30 and 60 with the Concert of Concerts: Sarah Brightman!!

This month marks my mom's 60th birthday and my 30th birthday! So I thought it'd be a special treat for both of us to see one of our favorite musicians, Sarah Brightman, in concert this month because she was going to be doing a show right here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex. I got some good tickets, and Mom came down to go to the concert with me and spend the night.

Here we are posing in front of my Halloween wreath (and Kaiser, of course, had to join):



Mom said, "Let's look at each other," for one of our poses, so we have a nice little shot here:




And I always like doing bunny ears, so here's my fave pose:




Now...onto the concert!!







While we were waiting, I could barely contain my excitement. Here's the view of the stage before the concert started:


A few fun facts about Sarah Brightman:

- She is the bestselling soprano of all time.
- She was the first Christine in Phantom of the Opera.
- She was married to Andrew Lloyd Webber for many years but is now divorced from him.
- Webber wrote the part of Christine just for Sarah Brightman and her lovely voice.
- In 2015 she will be the first person ever in the history of the world to perform a concert in outer space.


When the concert began, I totally lost my mind and had a "fan girl" moment. There she was! Mere yards away from me! This miracle of humanity whom I have adored for over a decade! SARAH! Singing! LIVE! How could anyone not be just crazy about her???



The acoustics of the place were perfect. Her band was spot-on. And the backdrops were mesmerizing. I thought I was in a dream!








When the organ music from "Phantom of the Opera" started up, I and about half of the audience nearly came up out of our chairs, freaking out. Even though she's 53 years old, she still (as Mom so eloquently put it) "hit notes that made your teeth rattle"! The audience totally erupted in cheers, whistles, and applause when she landed that final note in "Phantom." Woooooow!




I had no idea I could get that many goosebumps! **SIGH**




So, needless to go on about it, it was an experience of a lifetime. I'll close with a video of Sarah singing live from a previous concert so you can see exactly what I mean when I say her voice is AWESOME - make sure you wait until that note at the very end. Have a great week, everyone!



1 comment:

  1. A great concert indeed. Can you imagine a world without music???

    ReplyDelete