Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

How I See Math Word Problems

I'm studying to take the GRE in attempt to get into grad school. There is a LOT of math on this test, ladies and gentlemen. I am one of those people who, try as I may, have an exceedingly difficult time wrapping my  head around the majority of algebra, especially word problems. So I located this meme to have a laugh and to properly display just how my mind doesn't want to function when I'm trying so hard to get it right:




For heaven's sake, I'm a writer, not a mathematician! **SIGH**

2 comments:

  1. I also struggle with Maths. I know my adding, subtracting and times tables, but that's about it. That said though, how often do you use pythagoras theory or geometry in every day life? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's why it's so hard to learn/retain. It's just not used in day-to-day life unless you work in a field where you need to use algebra...

      Delete