Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Another Reason Why Adoption Rocks

I just posted this pic on Twitter, but I'll share it here, too. Here I am with my little sister Natalie.





My mother and step-dad adopted her and her younger sister and her older brother a few years back, and I love them all to pieces. Natalie may look sweet and innocent, but she is quite the no-nonsense diva and hilarious - two amazing qualities that make her sparkle as a person - and I'm selfishly hoping that one day she'll get into theatre like her big sis *me* did in high school and college. But whatever she does, she now knows she is loved and that she is part of a family.

I'm not so convinced I need to have my own children, as in giving birth to them. I do, however, hope that someday I can adopt some kids that are already out there wanting and needing a place to call home and a woman to call "Mom." I know it isn't in everyone's heart to adopt, but it sure does make an enormous difference to the young one or ones you're taking into your home. I wish more people would consider it.

Though it's not a central part of the story, there's a little girl in Wings of the Divided who gets taken out of a horrible situation and placed into a loving home. My passion for adoption has gone into my fiction. ;)

A number of my long-time friends were adopted. My brother Caleb, whom I grew up with, was adopted. Adoption's just part of my ongoing life! And it's something I'm proud to say I support.





4 comments:

  1. You're brother is adopted? No WONDER you get along so well! ;) (kidding!) Love this post and the warm-hearted passion you have for kids who need that place to call home. What an amazing family you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! To me, family doesn't have to be blood at all! :)

      Delete
  2. When I saw this, I had to read it!
    I want to adopt someday, too!
    My reasons are a bit different. I would love children of my own, but there are so many amazing kids out there, who truly, have no parents. And it breaks me to think about having my own children, when I could be able to love and support someone who is in need.
    Yes...? LOL. I go nuts on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I look at it, too! I think of all the kids who are already born and out there who don't have a family and are lonely and afraid. I would like to make a difference in one or more of those kids' lives!

      Delete