Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Jim Morrison, My New Tillandsia

Hi, this is my new plant. I named it Jim Morrison because I just watched Oliver Stone's The Doors this week for the first time.




Doesn't he look cool in his new house:




It'll be really hard to kill him because tillandsias don't require planting, only a light mist of water once a week or so. I got some seaweed emulsion to give him extra vitamins. I think he's pretty groovy.



Here's some of the real Jim Morrison to honor his new home on my desk. Hope y'all all have a great 4th of July Weekend.




4 comments:

  1. What an interesting looking plant...I've never seen anything quite like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only saw them for the first time at a local plant shop. There are all kinds, and what I like most is that they require very little care! (I don't have a very green thumb, but I love plants!)

      Delete
  2. I'm a huge Doors fan. Morrison was an amazing musician and songwriter, but if you're gonna name that groovy plant after him, you might have to feed it a little something-something beyond the usual plant food. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! *lol* Maybe I should mash up some mushrooms for it! :-D

      Delete