Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Liebster Blog Award!


Hey, all! I just got another blog award! This time, it's the Liebster Blog Award, and my buddy Alisha Jaybird bestowed it to me! You can check out her blog here -->here<--.

The way this particular award works is Alisha has asked me 11 questions, which I am to answer. And then at the end, I'm going to pass on the award to a few more bloggers, and ask them a new set of 11 questions to answer. They pass it on to more bloggers with their own set of questions, etc.

Let's get started. Fire away with your questions, Alisha!



1) What are your plans for 10 years down the road?

Ooo. I'll be about 40...so I'm thinking I'd like to have a few more published books under my belt... Past that, I don't know! I think I would really like to adopt a child, too, either in that time frame or shortly after.


2) Why did you start blogging?

I started this particular blog as a creative outlet. It has since morphed into an author blog, but I still also post random musings, pictures, and things of the artistic/creative variety to keep it interesting and personal.


3) Are you planning on changing things up on your blog, or have you already?

It's pretty much just the way I'd like it! It's very me. It's a place for me to share not only my publications with my readers but also share aspects of my life. :)


4) Do you have any favorite "secret" obsessions?

I looooove going into totally cluttered homes and helping people clean, declutter, and organize them! Wish I had more time to do it!


5) What is something you'd like to learn more about or learn to do?

Gardening! Although I'm afraid I don't have a Green Thumb... We'll see. I tend to kill plants. :-/ I'm planning on giving it a good honest go here pretty soon, so we'll find out... I'm sure I'll blog about it. Stay tuned...


6) What is something you've learned that empowers you when you're stuck in a rut?

I've learned that I don't have to let situations or people "get to me" any longer than the initial incident. Some painful things take a little longer getting over, but we don't have to give them extra energy and focus. By starving them of energy and focus, we keep ourselves from being slaves to them.


7) If you had the chance to meet someone (past or present) and ask them any question, who would it be and what would you ask?

I would like to ask Stephen King if there happened to be any reason he named his character Carrie and gave her red hair... (FYI, the C. in my name stands for Carrie. Thanks to Mr. King I got all sorts of prom jokes when I was back in high school.)


8) If money were no concern, what would you do differently in your life? Splurge? Travel? Hire a nanny? Save the world?

I would travel all over the place. Would love to visit Ireland and see where my ancestors came from. Also I would love to check out the pyramids and see if I can find traces of E.T. ;) Oh, and I would really enjoy getting to meet the child I sponsor in Zambia and his family. His name's Webster. Aside from traveling, I'd donate lots of money to worthy causes.


9) What's your favorite thing to shop for?

Unique art for the new house! :)


10) What is your favorite thing about yourself, and what thing bothers you most about yourself?

My favorite thing about myself is the fact that I'm pretty resilient, in that I'm a survivor and am adaptable to change, and I don't put up with nonsense/immaturity/selfishness from other people. The thing that bothers me most about myself is that in being a tough cookie, I tend to erect an emotional wall and not trust people, even when they've done nothing wrong.


11) If you had a chance to be your total opposite for a week, what do you think you'd learn?

I'm trying to think of what my total opposite would be! *LOL* A sea anemone maybe? If I were a sea anemone, I'd surely learn what it felt like to stay in one place all the time and do the same thing every day. I'd be a master at the art of patience after my week was up!


And now to pass on the award! Here are my chosen blogs:

Belfast Is My Mojo

Charlie Books

S.K. Anthony



Here are my questions for my chosen bloggers to answer:

1) If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?

2) Is there anything you collect? If so, what?

3) What is your overall goal for your blog?

4) How do you feel in big crowds of people?

5) Cell phones - what's your opinion of them?

6) If you could decorate your home in any style, what would it be?

7) Do you believe in Extra Terrestrials?

8) If you could meet any mythological creature, what would it be and why?

9) Would you rather stay busy or have a lot of free time? Why?

10) If you had a chance to travel to the moon, would you do it?

11) What music album are you still frequently listening to now that you also listened to years ago?


Have fun!

*****

Add C.J. Sullivan's books to your library. -->Shop here!<--


9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh loved your questions!
    I had this award recently but I'm up for new questions, thank you so much for nominating me :D

    Yeah, Carrie? I'd be staying away from you lol
    (Not, really) And adopting a child? You are amazing. Can't wait to read all about it 5,10, or 15 years from now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes I miss if people got the awards already or not. Sorry! Just means you're extra liked ;)

      A great number of my friends and family were adopted, so I see the huge difference it can make and would love the chance to do that for someone.

      Delete
    2. That's wonderful ;)

      FYI: I finally put up my answers! Thanks again :D

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new award Carrie, your blog is getting more and more appreciated every day. Oh how I would love it if you could came into my cluttered home ...and help me unclutter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to come help you declutter, Unikorna! I should add your country to my list of places to travel :-D

      Delete
  3. A sea anemone? LOL!!!!! I still need you to come help declutter my house.... Can you bring a bulldozer and dump truck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I wish I could take like two weeks off and help you *and* my dad!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much C.J.!!! I love your questions... you've got me thinking... I will try to get this done between today and tomorrow. Thank you again. You are awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good! I look forward to your answers! :)

      Delete