Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Main St. Art Festival Finds :)




Though it was really tempting to break the bank and buy a ton of art, I decided on this glass piece by Toby McGee (check out his website -->here<--). It called to me for some reason, maybe because it reminded me of an eel. I recently watched an episode of PBS's show Nature, which was about eels (preview that episode -->here<--), and they really are fascinating, mysterious creatures. But I digress.

Anyway, while Drew and I were walking up and down the street checking out all the vendors, I grabbed a few business cards from some of them. So here are the websites of some other really cool artists that are also worthy of a view:


Jay McDougall

Brianna Martray

Matthew Naftzger

Andrew Mosedale

Elaine Hyde

Marina Terauds

Amy Flynn


Happy browsing!

8 comments:

  1. Really cool piece. I've never seen anything like that. It's so simple...and complex. I hope you're settling into the new house, and getting ready to enjoy your summer (we still have snow here in Saskatoon!!). I just wanted to inform you that I nominated you for another blog award! http://allmeanssomething.wordpress.com/2013/04/20/a-pleasant-surprise-the-versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Will!! Yes, I like that piece because at first glance, it is simple. But if you start looking at it, you realize how uniquely detailed it is. It's really quite fascinating!

      Delete
  2. It looks like it is going to come alive at any moment and burst out of the glass...epic. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I expect it to start wiggling or glowing or both any minute. ;)

      Delete
  3. I love it! It's so pretty!!! Like a little bit of nature was caught in a glass bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that art piece! It does look like an eel C.J. and totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still loving it days later. It has so much personality!

      Delete