Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar Party 2013!

Yesterday I went up to Oklahoma for the annual Oscars party at my friend Misty's! We've been doing this since high school, back when we wanted to be Hollywood actresses ourselves. Each year we get together, dress up, and pretend we're at the show. We even pick imaginary dates. This year, my date was Christoph Waltz, who ended up winning for Best Supporting Actor.

For something different, Misty and I decided to have an actual theme to our party, and that was to dress as if we were on the infamous "Worst Dressed List." Normally we dress up and look super elegant. But not this time!

What do you think? Think we would've made it on that list?

My designer = P-diddy. Misty's = Black Sabbath

We created little ballots this year, too, which was also something new for us and our guests. We all had to fill out the ballots ahead of time to vote for who we thought would win in each category. The winner got a little trophy. Guess who ended up winning? That's right--the hooded goofball you see in the middle of everyone below:


Some of the girls in this picture have been coming to this party for years. For others, it was their first time. We welcome anyone who wants to play along, but the one rule is you have to dress up.

We've also started taking these group shots you see above. We pick the best one out of all the cameras, and we print out large copies of it. Then we all sign the pictures with a sharpie so they look autographed, and we all keep one.

I love the tradition. I love how it evolves every year. It's fun to see how much we all change every year and also how much we stay the same. I hope we can do it for decades more.

Are there any traditional get-togethers that you have every year? Feel free to share in the comments section below!


8 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun and that was a great choice for a date. But no photo of the victory lap with the trophy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we were all so worn out by the time that trophy was handed out that we completely forgot to take a picture! (It was just this little awesomely bad plastic one, to give you a visual.)

      Delete
  2. Can I come to next year's one? Sounds like I missed a good time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty cool. I've heard of lots of people doing Oscar parties, but I like your worst-dressed idea for this year. I think you take the cake for that category...you're not even wearing a dress (which seems almost taboo for the Oscars) ;). Although your friend, Misty, looks pretty good (bad?) also. I like how her 'designer' was Black Sabbath..that made me laugh. To me, she looks like she could be one of the three witches in Hocus Pocus. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Will :) Misty's actually wearing an Elvira costume. Also, she loves Hocus Pocus, so that is a compliment to her! ;)

      Delete
  4. Hola pasaba por aquí y si me lo permites me quedo. UN SALUDO

    ReplyDelete