Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

RIP, Frederick

Picture taken Fall 2012
You all have seen my dog, Kaiser, but I don't know if many of you have seen his dad, Frederick. Well, Frederick passed away during the night. He had a bad heart, and he was going on 12 years old.  My mom had him from the time I started college.

The old guy was so sweet, especially in his last years. He was always a neurotic soul, one that passed on his "special" quirks to my little guy--quirks like tail-chasing. I remember one time I watched him spin so many circles that he ran into the side of the house. Silly old dog!

I would like to think that dogs have souls. They become a part of us. They know when we're happy and share that joy, and they know when we're upset and try to comfort us. And most of all, they know they can trust us. I think they even love us for it.

I didn't see Frederick but once every few months, but he always knew who I was, and he was always happy to wag his tail as I held him in my arms.

So RIP, Frederick. You will be missed, little buddy! :(

7 comments:

  1. Just like Kaiser, Chloe inherited a lot of Fredericks quirks. He was such a sweet little dog. I think dogs have souls and that someday we will see our furry comrades again. there's a poem called Rainbow Bridge that describes it perfectly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly, the Rainbow Bridge poem. I was just thinking about it. It's precious.

      Delete
  2. Where would we be without our animals? RIP Frederick :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would have an empty space in our hearts without them.

      Delete
  3. While they're with us they fill our hearts with unconditional love & that love stays with us forever. I think they have the biggest souls of all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While they're with us they fill our hearts with unconditional love & that love stays with us forever. I think they have the biggest souls of all!

    ReplyDelete