Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Art Arrival in the Mail :)

As my husband and I were diligently trying to catch up on the PBS show Downton Abbey (we just finished season 1), we heard the doorbell ring. Thinking it solicitors, as is usually the case, we ignored it, while Kaiser barked maniacally at what he always thinks is an intruder.

A little bit later, after finishing up the show, I had Drew check to make sure it wasn't a package that had arrived, and sure enough, it was! I wasn't expecting it so soon, but look what lovely bit of art arrived in the mail:






Isn't it cool?? I can't wait to find a frame for it and hang it in the perfect place.

It's called The Violinist. I met the artist, Amanda Beck Mauck, on Twitter. If you Tweet, you can find her -->here<--. Please also check out her website -->here<-- to see more of her work and learn more about her.

Speaking of art, today I went to the Dallas Museum of Art for the first time, and as I marveled at the different pieces, from different eras and from all around the world, it dawned on me that animals have played a huge part in art from the very beginning. They're everywhere. They're in sculptures, on weapons, in furniture--it was really interesting to think about the important symbolic role the beasts of the earth have played throughout time...

And with that thought, I'll leave you to enjoy the rest of your day! TTFN.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like the animals of this world have influenced us for a very long time. I love to watch the animals even if it is my little dogs playing. It is amazing how they find the joy in chasing each other around the house and wrestling each other down by pulling on the other's tail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Animals are just real. They're not trying to pretend they're anything they're not!

      Delete
  2. so glad it made it safe and sound!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The art is lovely indeed and..oh My I am a Downton fan myself but alas I have finished all the series :(.
    I am honored I was a part of your dream, who might have thought I can have a place in your beautiful subconscious :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great series! I'm having fun catching up. You never know who or what is going to be in my dreams! They're all so vivid. A lot of people don't remember their dreams, but we all dream. I just happen to remember mine almost every morning I wake up.

      Delete