Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving and Indie Author News Promo

Thanksgiving is tomorrow! I hope everyone is in a grateful state of mind--not just this week, but all the time. Studies have shown that if people see life with a glass-half-full mentality, they are generally happier or at least more content with their lives.

It's so easy to focus on what we don't have, to obsess over the way things should be instead of the way they are. But when we get stuck in that mind-frame, we just make ourselves sick and depressed.

Just the other day, I was taking a shower, and I was looking at the fancy salon shampoo and conditioner I was about to use. And I thought, How could I ever think I don't have enough? Not only do I have shampoo and conditioner, but I get to pick out the kind I like! Some people, including the kid I sponsor in Zambia, don't even have soap. They are lucky to have a barrel of drinking water with a lid on it so the liquid doesn't get contaminated.

Take things into perspective. Often. The next time you're feeling sorry for yourself, look around. How much around you is purely luxury, solely things you picked out from a store, something that you wanted, or something that was given to you as a gift? Be thankful for all this. It's more than you need. All year around, be grateful, not just one day a year. You'll be amazed at how much your view of life changes...



One thing I am thankful for today is the great job Indie Author News did on a little promo for my angel book today. Do stop by their site to check it out -->here<-- and also feel free to browse the other cool indie authors and titles they're promoting.

And thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments: