Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

I've Been Tagged!

Today I'm taking part in a fun little opportunity for writers: Authors Tagging Other Authors. I was tagged by the fascinating Mr. Gary Markwick, and I am going to keep this thing going. There are four questions below, which I'm going to answer. Then, at the bottom of this post, I'm tagging five more authors who have the option to keep the chain going, if they want, by answering the same questions on their blog and then tagging five more authors. So...here I go!


1) What is the working title of your book?

Wings of the Divided


2) Where did the idea for this book come from?

When thinking of what sort of novel I wanted to write back in college, I decided I wanted to do a story about supernatural beings that that weren't as overdone as, say, vampires. (This was 10 years ago.) I always thought angels were really interesting beings in lore, but I didn't see much mainstream movies and books about them. I wanted to do for angels what Anne Rice has done for vampires. (Big goal, I know.) Plus, I have always been fascinated by the idea of Fallen angels and how they cannot be redeemed like humans can and how that must make them feel. I also wondered if certain angels of light would remember the Fallen when they were still "good," and if they wouldn't care, or if they would be secretly sorry their brethren were now unforgivable.


3) What genre does your book fall under?

It's a bit of a cross-genre book. Best way I can think to describe it is contemporary/urban fantasy.


4) Which actors would you choose to play some of your characters in the movie rendition?

I would probably pick a bunch of unknowns for my angels so they'd have a better chance at making their roles iconic. For a couple of my main human characters, I'd pick Johnny Depp to play Jack and Michael Caine to play Max.


And now for the set of authors I've tagged:

Elyzabeth M. VaLey (Erotic Romance)

Kris Noel (Young Adult)

Diane Rapp (Sci-Fi/Fantasy)

Jen Naumann (Young Adult)

Rachel Abbot (Thrillers)


4 comments:

  1. C.J. Thanks for the tag. Would you believe I've been tagged by two others too? I'll definitely link my blog back to you. It's getting hard to find people to tag. LOL

    Thanks for thinking of me.

    Diane Rapp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking back! At least lots of authors are getting to participate!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your book. I am sure "wings of the divided" will be a huge success. I shall visit all your writer friends because I am in great need of new interesting blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do! I've been a pen-pal of Elyzabeth's for a couple of years now, and she's a super nice person. The other authors I've only just met, but they all seem like great people, too!

      Delete